Tuesday 22 March 2016

SERENA WILLIAMS REPLY'S NOVAK DJOKOVIC




Serena Williams has questioned Novak Djokovic 's comments suggesting that male players should be paid more than their female counterparts.

The equality debate has engulfed tennis in recent days after Indian Wells tournament director Raymond Moore claimed that the WTA "rides on the coattails" of the men's game.
His comments have been widely criticised in the tennis world, but Djokovic argued that male players should fight for better pay themselves, as female players did to earn equal prize money.
"If I have a daughter who plays tennis and also have a son that plays tennis, I wouldn't say that my son deserves more because he is a man," Williams is quoted as saying by PA .
"If they both started at three years old I would say they both deserve the same amount of money. I have been playing since the age of two and it would be shocking to say my son would deserve more than my daughter.
"Novak is entitled to his opinion. But if he has a daughter - I think he has a son right now - he should talk to her and tell her how his son deserves more money, because he is a boy."
British number one Andy Murray is the latest to come out in support of equal pay for men and women at all combined events.

No comments:

Post a Comment